Everyone Is Welcome
No matter who you are, or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome to our church. We invite you to come, renew your spirit and share with us as we experience the presence of God. We look forward to seeing you soon. To find out more about our community of faith, phone or email us with your questions, or visit our church.
What Is The Church?
And I say also unto thee, That thou are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
The CHURCH is the body of baptized believers who share a common calling as a result of accepting Jesus Christ as their Saviour. These believers, baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, are spread across multiple organizations, from every nationality, race, tribe, dialect, language and custom, are bound together by a common thread - Knowing Jesus Christ as their God and Father. The following characteristics describes who or what the CHURCH is, with supporting biblical scriptures.
Firstly, the Greek word for CHURCH, ekklesia, refers to a meeting of a people called out and summoned together. In the New Testament it designates primarily the congregation of God's people in Christ, who come together as citizens of God's kingdom for the purpose of worshipping God.
- The CHURCH is presented as the people of God, the company of redeemed believers made possible by the death of Jesus Christ. It is a pilgrim people no longer belonging to this earth; whose first function is to stand as a community in a living, personal relationship with God. (1Corinthians 1:2; 10:32; 1 Peter 1:18-20; 2 Peter 2:4-10)
- The CHURCH has been called out of the world of sin and into the kingdom of God. Separation from the world is inherent to the nature of the CHURCH and is rewarded by having the Lord as one's God and Father. (2 Corinthians 6:16-18)
- The CHURCH is the temple of God and of the Holy Spirit. This truth about the CHURCH demands separation from unrighteousness and from worldly, pagan immorality. ( 1 Corinthians 3:16; 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1; Ephesians 2:11-22; 1 Peter 2:4-10)
- The CHURCH is the body of Christ. This indicates that no true CHURCH exists apart from vital union of the members with Christ. The head of this body is Christ. ( 1 Corinthians 6:15-16; 10:16-17;12:12-27; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 1:22; 4:15; 5:23)
- The CHURCH is the bride of Christ. This nuptial concept emphasizes both the loyalty, devotion and faithfulness of the CHURCH to Christ, and Christ's love for and intimacy with His CHURCH. (2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:21-27; Revelation 19:7-9)
- The CHURCH is a spiritual ministry. It ministers by gifts bestowed by the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4:11). The CHURCH is an army involved in spiritual conflict, fighting by the sword and power of the Spirit, in a spiritual struggle against Satan, his imps and wimps, and against sin in its every form. The Spirit with which the CHURCH is filled, is like a warrior wielding the living Word of God, delivering people from the dominion of Satan, and conquering every power of darkness. ( Ephesians 6:10-18; Acts 26:18).
- The CHURCH is the pillar and ground of the truth, supporting the truth that God has revealed just as a foundation supports the building. The CHURCH must uphold the truth and keep it safe, defending it against distorters and false teachers. (1 Timothy 3:15; Philippians 1:17; Jude 3)
- Finally, the CHURCH is a people with a future hope. This hope centers on the return of Jesus Christ for His people.
If you would like to be in this CHURCH, please contact us at Meadowvale East Apostolic CHURCH - 1510 Warden Ave, Scarborough, Ontario M1R 2S8, 416-385-1140, meac.ca.